2013年12月25日 星期三

Frank Sinatra-My way


Music Video : My Way




Why are you sharing this song?

I am sure the classmates will not be able to resist  Frank Sinatra once they hear his music. His mature and mellow vioce always touch the softest spot in people's hearts, especially his masterpiece--my way. I was enchanted over and over again whenever listening to this song. The emotion within was tangible and that we would almost feel like we've sing the word ourselves! I hope the classmates would be soothed by the soul of the music as I have been.

What is the meaning of the lyrics?

Once again Frank sung this song with his unique,magnetic and sentimental tune. In this song, an old man was retrospecting his life. Although the road he'd traveled was thorny and he encountered numerous challenges, he plucked up his courage and overcome all the obstacles. Now that he'd cried and laughed and loved, he proudly claimed that he could die without regret, and most importantly, he faced it all with his own style. Frank used lots of similes in this song, for instance, instead of death he used " final curtain", and also the idiom" bit off more than he could chew" means that he overestimated his ability. He showed the trace of his contentment toward his life in several lines, such as " I live a life that's full" "when tear subside, I find it all so amusing" and " and may I say--not in a shy way" etc. Other than his satisfaction and bravery, he also mentioned his prudence by singing " Each careful step along the byway", which was one of the reasons why he considered his life successful. It is easy to immerse ourselves in the lyrics, and the words had already weaved a picture of an old man, recounting his past with pride and wisdom.


 

沒有留言:

張貼留言